Subscribe Here!

    | 4 min read

    3 Ways To Earn Hospital Medicine CME

    Preparing for your upcoming hospitalist MOC exam? We've got resources that cover 100% of your exam content—the blueprint that the ABIM/ABFM puts out for the Focused Practiced in Hospital Medicine (FPHM) exam or the Hospital Medicine Knowledge Check-In (KCI). You choose which hospital medicine CME resources work best for you, whether you want to read through textbooks, stream videos online, or flip through digital books.

    Which Hospital Medicine CME Resources Do You Need?

    Of course, you'll need Hospital Medicine CME study tools that cover inpatient and transitional care (aka diseases)—approximately 64% of the exam blueprint. Any of our Internal Medicine resources help you cover off on this content. You're also going to need to study a few more subject areas than the ones covered on the Internal Medicine exam. 

    There are 3 additional hospital medicine topics that make up 36% of the exam: Palliative care, medical ethics, and decision‐making; Consultative co‐management; Quality, safety, and clinical reasoning. This is where our Hospital Medicine Basics comes in! 

    Stream Videos On Demand to Earn Your Hospital Medicine CME

    We create hospitalist-specific videos to help you prepare for the topics that don't show up on the Internal Medicine MOC exam. This way, you can earn Hospital Medicine CME while you prep for FPHM exam questions with board-relevant video lectures.

    hospital medicine cme

    MedStudy Hospital Medicine Basics 

    Hospital Medicine Basics is a set of 5 videos you can stream straight from your myMedStudy account.  We recruit 2 expert speakers who spend 3 hours reviewing hospitalist topics from the exam blueprint. You'll also get a 40-page syllabus that reviews all the information in the lecture—including board-style questions from each session, plus the tables, charts, and illustrations created by the lecturers. You have the ability to earn 3 Hospital Medicine CME credits and MOC points. 

    When you're watching the videos, you'll be able to zero in on the content a Hospitalist needs to know. You can track your progress through the videos and see how much you've viewed in each topic in the dashboard. You can easily choose which topics to review and navigate through the video you're watching. 

    Watch Videos That Cover The Entire Exam Blueprint And Earn Hospital Medicine CME

    hospital medicine cme

    MedStudy's Hospital Medicine Basics + Video Board Review

    The 2nd Edition of our Hospital Medicine Basics videos covers 36% of the hospitalist exam. Cover the remaining 64% with the Video Board Review, which reviews the inpatient and transitional care topics. Plus, you can earn all of the Hospital Medicine CME credits you need for the year!

    Read Through Our Digital Or Print Core To Earn Hospital Medicine CME

    hospital medicine cme

    MedStudy Internal Medicine Core 

    The Internal Medicine Core helps you prepare for your Hospital Medicine MOC exam by covering all the diseases you'll need to know for the inpatient and transitional care portion of the exam.

    We also highlight all the Hospital Medicine-related content—it's pulled out of the text with a grey sidebar. This Hospitalist content does not overlap with what's in the Hospital Medicine Basics videos. 

     

    MedStudy Core Hospitalist Highlights
    Hospitalist highlights are called out throughout the MedStudy Core
     

    The most important thing to remember when preparing for your hospitalist exam is to follow the blueprint content topics—they guide you to exactly what you need to study.

     

    Whether you need 300 or 30 credits, we make it easy to earn and claim all the CME credits and MOC points you need with Hospital Medicine Basics (or any of our learning tools)—start shopping now to earn! Copy of Core-3

     

    Related Categories

    CME Internal Medicine

    You may also like:

    CME Study Strong Pediatrics Internal Medicine

    5 Ways to Make Earning Medical CME & MOC More Than Just an Obligation

    Do you ever feel like your Medical CME and MOC requirements are an obligation you’d rather not have? Sometimes in the sc...

    CME Internal Medicine Board Prep Product Updates Residency

    Our Latest Internal Medicine Board Review Videos Are Here!

    Internal Medicine board review videos help you review every topic for your upcoming IM exam. The videos are based on the...

    CME Pediatrics

    The Best Pediatric CME and MOC Solutions for 2021

    Did COVID-19 impact your 2020 MOC cycle? If you’re unsure how your 2020 MOC cycle was affected, you can breathe easy. Th...